- Primary care access continues to be inadequate
- Fifteen of the 21 counties have a deficit of mental health providers which will impact the mental health of the population.
- In four of the 21 counties the uninsured populations are above 9%.
- Health outcomes and health factors continue to be poor in counties with a lower per capita income. Some have improved and some have worsened.
- Over 75% of Nurse Practitioners (NP) are educated in a primary care specialty and can fill the primary care shortage.
- Outmigration of NPs is a serious concern with NPs who are licensed in NJ working in New York (NY).
View full report here.